(1) The volume of rectangular block of stone is 10368 cu m. Its dimension are in the ratio 3 : 2: 1. If entire surface is polished at the rate 2 paise per sq. m. Then find the total cost of polishing.
Hence Rs 63.69 will be the final cost to polish the whole surface area
(02) The maximum length of a pencil that can be kept in a rectangular box of dimension 8 cm * 6 cm * 2 cm is ?
(03) How many bricks each measuring 25 cm * 11.25 cm * 6 cm will be needed to build a wall 8 m * 6 m * 22.5 cm
Hence 6400 bricks needed to build the required wall.
(04) A hall is 15 m long and 12 m broad. if sum of the area of floor and ceiling is equal to the sum of area of four walls. Find the volume of the hall?
(05) A cistern of capacity 8000 liters measures externally 3.3 m by 2.6 m by 1.1 m and its walls are 5 cm thick. Find the thickness of the bottom of the cistern
Hence 10 cm is the thickness of the bottom of the cistern
(06) A rectangular water tank is 80 m * 40 m. Water flows into it through pipe 40 sq cm at the opening at the speed of 10 Km/Hr. By how much the water level will rise in half an hour?
Hence 20 cu. meter volume of water flows through the pipe into the tank.
Now the rise in tank’s water level can be calculated as:
The water level rises by 5/8 cm in half an hour.