In this post we will discuss questions related to volume and surface area of right circular cylinder.
Students who are preparing for competition exams like GMAT, CAT, SSC, AFCAT, NDA, SBI, IBPS etc. are confused about “how to find the volume of right circular cylinder”.
Through this post they will understand the concept and technique to solve the questions related to volume and surface area of cylinder.
Understand that in each concept of mensuration, there are lists of formulas which are very crucial to solve the problems. Make sure to remember each of the formulas explained in the answer
(01) Water flows through a cylindrical pipe of internal diameter 7 cm at 2 meter/sec. What is the volume of water discharged in 10 minutes?
Hence volume of water flown in 10 minutes = 4620 litres
(02) The number of coins of radius 0.75 cm and thickness 0.2 cm is melted to make a right circular cylinder of height 8 cm and base radius 3 cm is. Find the number of coins used to make the cylinder
Hence 640 coins are used to make the cylinder
(03) Two circular vessels with radii 15cm and 10 cm and heights 35 cm and 15 cm respectively filled with water. If this water is poured fully into a cylindrical vessel 15 cm in height, then find the radius of the vessel
Hence Radius of new vessel is 25 cm
(04) A cylindrical tube open at both ends is made up of metal. The internal diameter of the tube is 11.2 cm and its length is 21cm. The metal everywhere is 0.4 cm thick. Find the volume of the metal
(05) A hollow iron pipe is 21 cm long and its external diameter is 8 cm. if the thickness of the pipe is 1 cm and iron weighs 8 gram/cu cm, then find the weight of pipe
Hence the weight of the pipe is 3.696 KG