(01) Which one of the following figure represents family, sons and daughters ?Read Solution
Son and Daughters are both independent individual but they come under family. So they can be represented as
Therefore, diagram (3) is the correct answer
(02) Which of the diagrams given below correctly represents the relationship among husband, wife and family ?Read Solution
Husband and Wife both are independent individuals but together they comes under family.
So, they can be represented as:
Therefore, Diagram (4) is the correct answer
(03) Which of the diagrams given below correctly represents the students who learn law and music, music and dance, law and dance and law, music and dance ?Read Solution
We have in total 3 activities i.e Law(L), Music(M) and Dance(D).
Let’s understand step by step
i) Students who learn L and M
(ii) Students who learn M and D
(iii) Students who learn L and D
iv) students who learn L, M and D
According to the question all these diagram i, ii, iii and iv should be satisfied by a single diagram and figure (1) is the only diagram which satisfies all these conditions.
Ans: Hence Diagram (1) is the correct answer
(04) Which diagram represents the relationship among female, mothers and doctors ?Read Solution
Every mother is a female. It can be shown as
Doctor represent both female and male as it is a common noun.
Some female Doctor may be mother
Ans: Hence Diagram 3 is the correct answer.
(05) Which of the following diagrams illustrate the relationship among Science, Math and Biology ?Read Solution
To solve this question let us understand about the three subjects mentioned i.e Science, Math and Biology
From the classification tree it is clear that Biology is the branch subject of science where Math is completely a different subject. These can be represented in venn-diagram as
Hence, Diagram (1) is the correct answer
(06) Which one of the following figures represents the relationship among English Teachers, Popular English Teachers and Unpopular Teachers ?
Sol: Let’s discuss about English teachers(ET) and Popular English Teachers(PET).
All PET are compulsorily ET. So they can be represented as
Now consider Unpopular Teachers(UT) and English Teachers(ET) only. Some UT may be ET. Therefore
Now consider ET, UT and PET together.
In Venn-Diagram, circle of UT cannot intersect circle of PET because a Teacher who is already marked Unpopular cannot be popular . And below diagram shown how it is incorrect
So finally we can represent Venn-Diagram correctly by diagram below.
Ans: The correct answer is option (2)
(07) In a group of 40 players, some play cricket, some play foot-ball and some both. If 30 play cricket and 20 both, the correct way of representing above by Venn Diagram isRead Solution
Sol: we will use set theory formula to solve this question
n(AᴜB) = n(A) + n(B) – n(A∩B)
Let A= Cricket=C, B=Foot ball=F
n(CᴜF) =Total no. of players = 40
n(C)= no. of cricket players = 30
n(F)= no. of football players
n(C∩F)= no. of players who play both cricket and football = 20
n(CᴜF) = n(C) + n(F) – n(C∩F)
n(F) = 30
Now we are clear that 30 player plays Cricket, 30 Players plays Football and they together include 20 players who plays both cricket as well as football.
So we can represent them by
Ans: Therefore option (3) is the correct answer.
(08) Which one of the following figures represents the relationship among Males, Fathers, Advocates ?Read Solution
sol: All Fathers are compulsorily Males. So we can depict by diagram below
Now Advocates represent both Gender So circle for Advocate will intersect circle for Males in Venn-Diagram because an Advocate can be a male or vice-versa
Solution to question not obtained in above diagram as some fathers may be Advocate by profession and circle for Advocate must intersect circle for Father as well. Here we get our final Venn-diagram below
Ans: Therefore, option (1) is the correct answer
(09) Which one of the following figures represents the relationship among Zebra, Grass eating animals, Lions ?Read Solution
Sol: Zebra is a Grass eating animal. So we can represent them by
Lions is completely different from Zebra in its food habit as it is a Carnivores animal. So Lion is kept different from the classification and can be represented by
Ans: Therefore, option (1) is the correct answer.
10. Select the diagram which best represents the relationship between educated people, unemployed and teachers.Read Solution
All Teachers(T) are Educated people(EP). So
A Teacher is not counted as Unemployed(U) and Some Unemployed may be Educated. So
Ans: Therefore, option(1) is the correct answer