(01) Select the figure which represents the relationship between athletes, football players and cricket playersRead Solution
Sol: As athletes, football players and cricket players all are sports person. It is quite common that one player can play multiple games.
Some athletes might be footballer or cricketer or both.
Some footballer might be cricketer or athlete or both.
Some cricketer might be athlete or footballer or both.
Therefore we can represent all these conditions in Venn diagram as
Ans: Therefore, option (2) is the correct answer
(02) Which diagram correctly represents the relationship between politicians, poets and women?Read Solution
Sol: let us consider Politicians(PL), Poets(PT) and Women(W)
A Politician can be a Poet or a women or vice-versa. But a Poet refers to male gender as female Poet is Poetess. So Venn-diagram will be as
Therefore, option (4) is the correct answer.
(03) Which one of the following diagrams represents the correct relationship among ‘Judge’, ‘Thief’ and ‘Criminal’?Read Solution
Sol: One who commits crime is called a criminal.
A thief comes under category of Criminal. So we can represent them by
But a Judge is the one who interpret the law, punishes criminal etc. So Judge is completely different from both two. The three can be represented as below
Ans: Therefore option(3) is the correct answer
04. Which one of the following Venn diagrams represents the best relationship between Snake, Lizard, Reptiles ?Read Solution
Sol: For GK let us understand some characteristics of reptiles are mentioned below.
Reptiles are vertebrates.
They have backbones.
Their bodies are completely covered with scales.
They are cold-blooded.
Reptiles produce shelled eggs or bear live young.
All species fertilize eggs internally.
All species of reptiles have at least one lung.
They move by crawling.
And all these characteristics can be found in Snake and Lizard.
Though both are Reptiles but they are different creature and entities. They can be clubbed together and shown in same class of reptile by venn-diagram as below
Ans: Therefore, option (4) is the correct answer
05. Which of the following represents Cabbage, Vegetables and Beans?Read Solution
Sol: Cabbage and Beans both are different but comes under same class as both are Vegetables. So we can represent the three entities in Venn diagram by
Therefore, option (2) is the correct answer.
(06) Select from the given diagram the one that illustrates the relationship among the given 3 classes : children below 18, persons in the electoral list, those who have votedRead Solution
Sol: Let us consider the three entities
Children below 18 – C
Persons in the electoral list – E
Those who have voted – V
C cannot vote as minimum age for voting is 18 or above.So it will come under separate entity/class. One must have name in electrical list to vote. So we can show V inside circle of E in Venn-diagram and C can be shown as completely different class
Ans: Therefore, option (1) is the correct answer.
(07) Which one of the following represents males, boys, football players?Read Solution
Sol: Every Boy(B) is a male(M) by gender. So B and M can be shown as
Football player(FP) may be male or female. So circle of F must intersect Circle of M in Venn-diagram.
But some Boys(B) can also be foot player(FP) or vice-versa.Therefore circle for FP should intersect circle of B too. And here we get our final venn-diagram as
Ans: Clearly option (1) is the correct diagram and our answer.
(08) In a feast organized in connection with a marriage, some of the participants were vegetarians, some others were non-vegetarians. Another group was of nonvegetarians not eating meat and yet another group of people eating meat but not fish. Which of the following represents this statistics?Read Solution
Sol: Let us categorise people by their food habits i.e
i) Vegetarian- V
ii) Non Vegetarian- NV
V and NV are completely different class of people and should be represented as below
Now among group of NV some eat Meat(M) and some eat Fish((F). Both meat and fish are different food but comes under same type of food category i.e NV. So they can be represented inside circle of NV with two different circle.
Ans: Therefore option(2) is the correct answer.
(09) Which of the following diagrams represents the relationship of Profit, Dividend, Bonus ?
Dividend(D) – A dividend is a distribution of profits by a corporation to its shareholders
Bonus(B) – Bonus is the extra payment or financial component which is received as a reward for doing one’s job well
Profit(P) – Profit in Maths is considered as the gain amount from any business activity.
By going through the above definitions you can be clear that Dividend and Bonus both are different thing but are generally given during Profitable business or deal only .Or we can say D and B are part of P.
So we can represent the three by diagram below
Ans: Therefore, option(2) is the correct answer
(10) Which diagram represents the relationship between Women, Mothers and Engineers ?Read Solution
Sol: Every Mother(M) is a Women(W).
Some Engineers(E) may be Women(W) or vice-versa. So circle for E should intersect circle for W
But there is also a possibility that some Mother may be Engineers or vice – versa.
Therefore, option (4) is the correct answer.