(01) Some of the Cricket players are Tennis players, some Tennis players are Hockey players, no Cricket player is a Hockey player. Which one of the following diagrams represents the above statements?Read Solution
Sol: First Condition- Some cricket players(C) are Tennis players(T)
Second condition- some Tennis players(T) are Hockey Players(H)
Third condition- no Cricket player (C) is a Hockey player(H). So, circle of C cannot intersect circle of H.
Now if we combine the above diagram of first and second conditions at the same time obeying third condition. We will get desired Venn-diagram as below
The above diagram satisfies all the three conditions. Circle C do not intersect Circle H.
Ans: Therefore, option (2) is the correct answer.
(02) Which one of the following figures represents the relationship among Brinjal, Meat, Vegetables?
Sol: Brinjal(B) is a type of vegetables(B) of Vegetarian class food item. So, we can show circle of B inside circle of V.
Meat(M) is a Non vegetarian food item which is completely different. So, it can be shown away from this class as
Ans: Therefore, option (3) is the correct answer
(03) Out of four figures which figure will best represent the relationship amongst the classes:
Sol: Sparrow(S) is a species of Birds(B).Can be represented as below
But Mice(M) is a mammal which is different from above two
Ans: Hence option(2) is the correct answer
(04) Which one of the following figures represents the relationship among Dog, Animal, Pets?Read Solution
Sol: Some Dogs(D) can be Pets(P) or vice-versa. So, we can represent the two as below
But both comes under the class animals(A). So, we can show both D and P under class A as below
Ans: Hence option (3) is the correct answer
(05) Which one of the following diagrams best depicts the relationship among Honey-bee, Insect and Housefly?Read Solution
Sol: Honey-bee (HB) and Housefly (HF) both are completely different creature. So, we will represent them both by two different circles
But when we consider the class Insect(I), we have to include both HB and HF as both are insects. So, our Venn-diagram will be as below
Therefore, option (3) is the correct answer
(06) Which of the answer figure indicates the best relationship between milk, goat, cow, hen ?Read Solution
Sol: Among the entities Milk(M), Goat(G) , Cow(C) and Hen(H),
M, G and C makes us think about the term “Milch”.
Milch – Milk producing animals are known as “milch animals” e.g. cows, buffaloes, goats and camels. So, we can represent M, G and C as below
But Hen is different from Cow and Goat and cannot be kept under Milch group. So, we will keep it away and our Venn-diagram can be shown as below
Ans: Hence, option (3) is the correct answer
(07) A represents doctors, B represents pianists and C represents writerswhile D represents singers. Which of the statements is most appropriate?
(1) All singers are doctors.
(2) All writers and pianists are doctors.
(3) All pianists are singers.
(4) None of these
Sol: Let us re-draw the above diagram to get clear idea
Let us go through each statement one by one
I) All singers are doctors – From the diagram circle of doctors and singer are not even touching. Rather circle of singer lying away from doctor. So, this statement is false.
II) All writers and pianists are doctors – As circle of Pianist and writer are completely inside circle of doctor, it means that all pianist and writer are doctors. So, this statement is True.
III) All pianists are singers – From the diagram we cannot make any relation between pianist and singer as circle of both are not touching, intersecting or lying one inside another. So, this statement is false.
IV) None of these– This statement not applicable as statement II is true. So, this statement is false.
Ans: Hence, from above we can conclude that option (2) is the correct answer.
(08) Choose from the following diagrams (1), (2), (3) and (4) the one that illustrates the relationship among three given classes : North America, United States of America, New YorkRead Solution
Sol: I) North America is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere.
II) The United States of America (USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US) or America, is a country primarily located in North America.
III) New York City (NYC), often called simply New York, is the most populous city in the United States.
From the above statements we are clear that North America is a continent, USA is a country and New York is a city. So, we can draw Venn-diagram as below
Lets not confuse with diagram in question. We can replace the circle with rectangle and our final venn-diagram will be like
Ans: Therefore, option (1) is the correct answer
(09) Which one of the following diagrams represents the correct relationship with the Class teacher, Girls and Boys of Std. VIII?Read Solution
Sol: Though there is a Teacher-Student relation between Class Teacher(T) , Girls (G) and Boys (B) all three are different.
Boys can never be called as Girls or class teacher or vice -versa. So, the venn-diagram will be drawn as below
Ans: Hence, option(2) is the correct answer
(10) Which of the following diagrams represents the correct relationship between Books, Novels and Dictionaries ?Read Solution
Sol: A Novel is a relatively long work of narrative fiction, normally written in prose form, and which is typically published as a book.
Dictionary is a book that contains a list of words in alphabetical order and explains their meanings, or gives a word for them in another language.
Novels and Dictionaries both are different types of books.
So, we can show them in venn-diagram as below
Therefore, option(4) is the correct answer