1. Classify the following curves as –
(i) Open or (ii) Closed
(2) Draw rough diagrams to illustrate the following:
(3) Draw any polygon and shade its interior.
(4) Consider the given figure and answer the questions
5. Illustrate, if possible, each one of the following with a rough diagram:
(a) A closed curve that is not a polygon.
Sol. A polygon is a closed figure made up of straight lines. And a closed figure does not necessarily have straight lines. A circle is a closed curve that is not a polygon
(b) An open curve made up entirely of line segments.
Sol. An open curve is a curve in which the beginning and end points are different.
(c) A polygon with two sides.
Sol. A polygon is a closed figure made up of straight lines but the smallest polygon has 3 sides. So, a polygon with two sides is not possible.