In this post we will discuss the blood relation questions of Logical Reasoning subjects. For your convenience, all the questions are fully solved with flow chart interpretation for proper understanding of the concept.
Blood relation is one of the important chapters because its questions are asked in the competitive examinations like GMAT, CAT, SSC, SSC-CGL, SSC-CHSL, Banking, IBPS, SBIPO, AFCAT, NDA etc
Blood Relations Questions
(Q.1) A is the brother of B , C is the father of D , E is the mother of B , A and D are brother, how is E related to C ?
According to question, taking B as a starting point.
- A is the brother of B, A is male, Placing A parallel to B
- E is the mother of B, E is female, placing E above B
- D is the brother of A, D is male, placing D parallel to A
- C is the father of D, C is male, placing C above D
- Now it is clear that E is the mother of A,B,D and
- E is the wife of C
(Q.2) B is the husband of P , Q is the only grandson of E , Who is wife of D and mother-in-law of P , How is B related to D ?
According to question, taking p as a starting point.
- B is the husband of P, B is male, P is female
Placing P parallel to B
- E is the mother-in-law of P or mother of B
Placing E above B
- Q is the grandson of E or son of B
Placing Q below B
- E is the wife of D, D is male, placing
D parallel to E
- From the above figure we can see that B is the son of D
(Q.3) Deepak is brother of sushant , Reena is sister of atul , sushant is son of reena . how is Deepak related to reena ?
According to question, taking sushant as a starting point.
- Deepak is brother of Sushant, placing Deepak parallel to Sushant
- Sushant is son of reena, placing reena above sushant
- Reena is sister of atul, placing atul parallel to reena
- Now it is clear that Deepak is son of reena
(Q.4) E is the son of A , D is the son of B , E is married to C , C is B’s daughter . how is D related to E ?
According to question, taking C as a starting point
- C is daughter of B, C is female, placing C below B
- E is married to C, E is male, placing E parallel to C
- D is son of B, D is brother of C, placing D parallel to C
- E is son of A, E is male, placing A above E
- Now it is clear that D is brother-in-law of E
(Q.5) If X is brother of son of Y’s son , then how is X related to Y ?
According to question, taking Y as a starting point.
- Y has a son, placing Son below Y
- Y’s son has a son, placing son below Y’s son
- X is the brother of Y’s son’s son placing X parallel to it
- Now it is clear that X is the grandson of Y
(06.) Pointing to a man in a photograph a woman says “ He is the father of my only daughter-in-law’s father-in-law” . How is man related to women ?
According to question a woman pointing to man, so taking woman as starting point
- Now woman has only daughter-in-law Due to generation gap, we will put Daughter-in-law below woman.
- Now daughter-in-law has her Father-in-law, due to generation gap we will put father-in-law above
- Now we see that father-in-law and woman has a relation of husband and wife.
- Now putting the father of father-in-law above him.
- Now we can see that the man in photograph is father-in-law of woman.
(07) Pointing to women in a photograph a man says she is the only daughter of my father’s mother-in-law. How is women related to the man ?
we will take the man as starting point
- Now man has a father, due to generation gap we will put father above man.
- Now according to father’s mother -in-law. We will put mother-in-law above Father.
- Woman in a picture is daughter of Father’s mother-in-law.
- Putting mother-in-law’s daughter below her. And in side of man’s Father.
- Now we can see that man’s father and Mother-in-law’s daughter are husband and Wife.
- Hence this woman in photograph is the Mother of man.
(08) Pointing to a man in a photograph a woman says. “He is the father-in-law of the wife only paternal grandson of my own father-in-law. How is woman related to man ?
Taking woman as a starting point.
- Woman has a father-in-law, placing father-in-law above woman.
- Father-in-law has a grandson, placing him below woman. He is the son of woman.
- Now this grandson has a wife, placing her parallel with son.
- The wife of grandson has her father-in-law, placing him above wife & parallel with the woman
- Now we can see that the wife’s father-in-law has a husband wife relation with the woman
- Hence, the man in the photograph is husband of woman
(09) Pointing to a woman in a photograph a man says she is the mother-in-law of the wife of the father of my only son. How is the woman related to man?
Taking man as starting point
- Man has a son, placing him below man
- Son has a father above him & father has his wife
- The wife has her mother-in-law, placing mother-in-law above her.
- Now we can see that the wife’s mother-in-law has a relation with the man.
- The wife’s mother-in-law is the mother of man
(10) Pointing to a photograph a woman says “ he is the only son of the daughter of my mother-in-law’s only son. How is the man related to woman ?
- Woman has a mother-in-law, placing mother-in-law above her.
- Mother-in-law has a son, now mother-in-law’s son has a relation with woman.
- Man has a daughter, and this daughter has her son.
- Now we can see that, the woman is the maternal grand mother of son